Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ansel Adams

Whew! Papers, papers, papers! This semester has been crazy stressful, now that it's almost over. This week has found me living in the library at school researching and writing my multiple papers. AAAAHHHH.
Lately, in order to help me forget (if only for a while) my papers, I've been looking at the photographs of Ansel Adams.
Ever since I took photography as a senior in high school, Ansel Adams has been my favorite photographer. He worked in black & white, photographing (most notably) Yosemite National Park and the West. His photos were sharply-focused and his use of contrast magnified his subjects to even more mythic proportions.
A few favorites:
"Aspens. New Mexico" - 1958


"Moon Rise, Hernandez, New Mexico" - 1941





"Tetons and the Snake River" - 1942

No comments:

Post a Comment